My goal with this post is to help you learn how to choose the best cooler for keeping ice frozen.
A cooler is a great way to keep food cold while camping or fishing, but even in everyday life, a cooler is the ideal tool for keeping ice frozen.
A cooler is a must have for any avid hiker or camper. With the recent surge in popularity of backpacking, hikers have discovered the importance of having a cooler with them. Nowadays, a lot of people opt for the newer, lightweight designs and look for a cooler that is easy to carry and can keep ice frozen.
Table of Contents
Coolers for keeping ice frozen. Best sellers
Top coolers for keeping ice frozen
when you’re camping, you don’t want your ice to melt, right? I’ve compiled a list of the top 5 coolers on the market that are guaranteed to keep your ice frozen.
#5. Plano Frost Cooler
- PLANO FROST 21-QUART COOLER: This heavy-duty insulated ice chest is the perfect companion for everything from tailgates to camping. Because the little things matter – we even added a stainless-steel bottle opener in the lid.
- DURABLE AND RELIABLE Featuring industrial-strength construction, this small cooler offers shock and drop-resistant protection for worry free transit, plus dual-stage molded latches for an airtight seal to keep things cold.
- KEEPS ICE FROZEN FOR UP TO 5 DAYS: 1-inch of commercial grade insulation and a continuous airtight Dri-Loc seal keeps your ice frozen so anything inside keeps cold. The small 21-quart cooler provides plenty of space without the bulk.
- EASY AND COMFORTABLE TO CARRY: The heavy-duty ergonomic handle with integrated tie down slots makes this portable cooler easy to carry, whether you’re headed to the water or making your way to the tailgate tent.
- PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS: Includes removable dry basket. Exterior Dimensions: 19.5”L x 14.5”W x 13.0”H. Interior Dimensions: 12.9”L x 10.14”W x 9.8”H.
Whether you’re going camping or tailgating, this insulated cooler is the perfect solution for keeping food, drinks, and ice cold for days on end.
The Plano Frost Cooler is the perfect cooler for camping and other outdoor activities.
This heavy-duty cooler keeps ice up to five days and features an insulated top and bottom and a large compartment to store food. Made with industrial strength materials, the Plano Frost Cooler is designed to last for years to come.
#4. Coleman Rolling Cooler
- Xtreme Technology; Insulated lid and extra wall insulation keep ice up to 5 days in temperatures as high as 90°F.Number of Pieces : 1, Batteries Included : No
- High capacity: Holds up to 84 cans
- Heavy-duty wheels: Effortless rolling over any terrain
- Have-a-seat lid: Closed lid supports up to 250 pounds
- Cup holders: Molded into the lid to keep drinks close and prevent spilling
The Coleman Rolling Cooler is the perfect cooler for any outdoor adventure! It has a 50 quart capacity and comes with wheels so you can easily transport it from place to place. It has an ice compartment that keeps ice frozen for up to 5 days.
The Coleman Rolling Cooler makes storing and transporting cold beverages easy.
The Coleman Rolling Cooler is perfect for those camping trips, road trips, fishing outings and more
#3. Igloo BMX 25 Quart Cooler with Cool Riser Technology
- STURDY LATCHES & ERGONOMIC HANDLE: The BMX cooler comes with a unique t-grip latch system. The rubberized latches secure the lid to lock in the cold
- HEAVY-DUTY CONSTRUCTION: This insulated cooler was blow-molded for added durability. Coupled with oversized hinges and stainless steel screws
- LIGHTWEIGHT & KEEPS ICE FROZEN: Externally, the cooler measures 19. 59" L x 13. 25" W x 15. 70" H. On its own, the BMX 25 QT Cooler weighs about 11. 29 lbs
- THE PERFECT GIFT: This cutting-edge ice chest makes the ideal gift for individuals that like camping, fishing, tailgating, beach trips, and other outdoor activities
- ABOUT IGLOO: Born from a modest metalworking shop back in 1947, Igloo has been instrumental in redefining how we live, work, and play
The Igloo BMX 25 Quart Cooler with Cool Riser Technology features cool rise technology to keep your drinks icy cold.
It keeps food cold and your beverage stay refreshing and cool.
The Igloo BMX 25 Quart Cooler is made with durable, leak-resistant insulated panels to help maintain the coldest temperatures possible.
This cooler is ideal for use on outdoor adventures or in the back of the vehicle.
#2. Coleman Xtreme Portable Cooler
- Xtreme Technology; Insulated lid and extra wall insulation keep ice up to 5 days in temperatures as high as 90°F
- High Capacity: Holds Up to 100 Cans
- HAVE-A-SEAT LID: Closed lid supports up to 250 lb.
- Cup Holders: Molded Into the Lid to Keep Drinks Close and Prevent Spilling
- COMFORT-GRIP HANDLES: No-crush design with positive stop for pinch-free carrying
You’ve been told to keep things cold. The Coleman Xtreme Portable Cooler can keep ice up to five days.
This unit is ideal for keeping your beverages and other foods cold during picnics, tailgates, camping and fishing trips.
#1. YETI Roadie 24 Cooler
- Made for the road and ready to go – The Roadie 24 Hard Cooler packs more while taking up less space. It’s built tall to accommodate critical bottles of wine and slim enough to squeeze behind the driver’s or passenger’s seat of a car
- HEFTYHAULER HANDLE - Designed for easy hauling and comfortable carrying
- ROTOMOLDED CONSTRUCTION - Evolved to be thinner and lighter-weight for easier transport, while still incredibly tough
- QUICKLATCH - Flexible, simple, and built for quick, one-handed cooler access
- The Roadie 24 holds 18 cans with a 2:1 ice-to-can ratio or 24 lbs of just ice. It measures 16 1/2” L × 14 1/2”W × 17 1/2” H
The Yeti Roadie 24 is the ultimate portable cooler designed for camping trips, tailgating, or any other adventure where cold beverages are a must.
It features a sleek, aerodynamic design with a low center of gravity to keep this travel buddy steady on your adventures. It even fits in the trunk of your vehicle or behind the seat of your bike, making it perfect for the road trip of a lifetime.
With plenty of room for ice and drinks, this cooler is a must-have for road trips, tailgates, campsites and more.
The YETI Roadie 24 is the perfect cooler for your next adventure, whether it’s a weekend getaway or a week-long road trip.
Shopping guide. How to choose the best cooler
Here’s a list of things to consider while choosing a cooler.
First, you need to find the proper size cooler. Keep in mind that the cooler’s capacity is important.
A big capacity is ideal, but there is nothing wrong with choosing one that has a smaller capacity. It offers extra portability.
The weight of the cooler also matters. If you have to carry it around a lot, then you need a lighter cooler. It is better to buy a lighter cooler than a heavy one.
One of the most important features of a cooler is its durability. A durable cooler will be able to withstand the elements for longer.
The last thing that you should consider is the quality of the cooler. Buy one that has been made of sturdy materials and is long lasting.
The next important factor that you should consider is the price of the cooler. You can choose one that is cheap or expensive depending on your needs.
One of the most important things that you need to bring when you go camping is a cooler. You need to make sure that you have a way to keep your food and drinks cool.
If you’re planning to go camping in the middle of nowhere be sure to take the best camping gadgets with you.
In the end be sure to check out this article and find which is the best portable ice crusher.